Hamas agrees to disarm, but only when Israel upholds truce
By CNN
Community Score: 50% | 10.8K views | 2w
0 community ratings: null thumbs up, null thumbs down
President Donald Trump said a historic agreement to secure the disarmament of Hamas had been reached, a critical step in implementing a multi-phase peace plan to end the war in Gaza. A senior Hamas official told CNN that Hamas had agreed to the deal with the Board of Peace, contingent on Israel upholding its obligations under the October ceasefire agreement. Hamas insists the deal is contingent upon Israel upholding its obligations under the US-led plan signed in October, which include Israel withdrawing its troops to the so-called "Yellow Line". However, Israel won’t withdraw its forces from the current “Yellow Line” before the disarmament of Hamas, an Israeli official said Friday. 0:00 Trump: Deal reached for "complete disarmament" of Hamas 0:40 CNN's Jeremy Diamond reports from Jerusalem on what agreement contains 4:05 CNN's Kevin Liptak reports from the White House on what the Trump administration is saying 6:43 Israeli ambassador to UN Danny Danon reacts to the announcement Wat
Tags: news, cnn, trump, elections, c.n.n., president, president donald trump, president trump, donald trump, white house, west wing, washington, dc, washington dc, oval office, hamas, disarm, gaza, west bank, truce
More from CNN
- Fmr. General Petraeus on the ‘big mistake’ Iran’s military is making — Score: 50%
- Residents flee Beirut after Israeli strikes — Score: 50%
- United Airlines flight emergency lands in LA — Score: 50%
- Video shows building collapse after Israel strikes southern Lebanon — Score: 50%
- Rubio addresses Americans in the Middle East — Score: 50%
- Ret. military brass react to Trump's 'big wave' in Iran war — Score: 50%