Spanish military returns Ceuta migrants to Morocco

By news.com.au

Community Score: 50% | 1.0K views | 2w

0 community ratings: null thumbs up, null thumbs down

Spanish military returns Ceuta migrants to Morocco #news #spain #migrants #immigration #invasion #europe #morroco Migrants in Spain's Ceuta boarded army vehicles on Sunday (August 2) to be taken back to the border with Morocco. More than 50,000 people crossed into Ceuta by land and sea in an unprecedented surge that began on Thursday (July 30) at one of the European Union's only two land borders with Africa, prompting alarm across the bloc. More than 48,000 returned to Morocco within 48 hours and more again over the weekend, Spanish authorities said. The Spanish government representative in Ceuta, Miguel Angel Perez, told reporters on Sunday that, in addition to 72 fatalities, more than 1,000 people had been treated by health services since Thursday. The situation in the city had improved markedly, he said, but more remained to be done to re-establish normality. Some migrants drowned, and others were crushed while trying to climb a breakwater and border fence. Many h

Tags: news, Spanish military returns Ceuta migrants to Morocco, breaking news, ceuta, world news, spain, morocco, migrants, latest news, spain morocco border, border security, migrant crisis, migration crisis, europe migration, illegal migration, humanitarian crisis, north africa, morocco news, ceuta border, spanish army

More from news.com.au

  • Commando breaks silence on Ben Roberts-Smith arrest — Score: 50%
  • What is known about alleged Trump gunman Cole Allen — Score: 50%
  • Ukraine marks 40 years since Chernobyl nuclear disaster — Score: 50%
  • A former sovereign citizen opens up about his descent into the movement on I Catch Killers — Score: 50%
  • Dramatic footage emerges of alleged White House shooter — Score: 50%
  • An interview with a former sovereign citizen: Brodie Finegan Forbes (Part 1) | I Catch Killers — Score: 50%