'Swift response' — Why EU ministers are backing Spain's handling of Ceuta border crisis | DW News

By DW News

Community Score: 50% | 24.1K views | 1w

0 community ratings: null thumbs up, null thumbs down

Spain says Europe's visa-free Schengen area was NOT compromised after tens of thousands of irregular migrants crossed into the Spanish exclave of Ceuta. The EU's 27 home affairs ministers backed Spain's response to the incident following emergency talks on Tuesday. The Spanish government says 70 thousand migrants have already returned over the border to Morocco, leaving two thousand still in the exclave. DW's Nimisha Jaiswal is in Ceuta and Brussels correspondent Rosie Birchard covers the EU emergency meeting. #dwcurrentaffairs Chapter Breakdown: 00:00 EU backs Spain after Ceuta border incident 00:39 Stranded migrants in Ceuta left in limbo 01:16 Political fallout from last week’s mass migration 02:50 The current situation in Ceuta today: Things have gone back to normal 04:18 How Ceuta residents view the mass migration 05:41 Calls for a stronger military presence 06:13 The migrants who remain in Ceuta face dire conditions 07:26 Some are determined not to go back 08:25 The outcome

Tags: DW News

More from DW News

  • Trump threatens 'punishment' as Iran war widens to Red Sea | DW News — Score: 50%
  • Iran strikes US military targets in the Gulf | DW News — Score: 50%
  • What does forced labor really have to do with Trump's tariffs? | DW News — Score: 50%
  • Nigeria's domestic drone program | DW News — Score: 50%
  • World reacts to Trump's latest tariffs | DW News — Score: 50%
  • Who is Jürgen Klopp and can he save German football? | DW News — Score: 50%