Board of Peace chief calls for ‘full implementation’ of 15-point Gaza plan
By SBS News
Community Score: 50% | 993 views | 6d
0 community ratings: null thumbs up, null thumbs down
US President Donald Trump's Gaza plan is still operative and discussions with Israel are continuing, a Board of Peace official said on Monday after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected an Israeli withdrawal until the Palestinian militant group Hamas is "genuinely disarmed." Netanyahu on Sunday restated his rejection of the Gaza plan in televised remarks to his right-wing government. The move came even as Israel's military has effectively halted attacks in the territory under US pressure. "The plan is very much still operative and advancing," the official told Reuters. "The process is based on implementation and verification on the ground. Discussions with Israel are continuing, and the framework is designed so that each stage only moves forward once the required commitments have been met," the official said. Trump announced last month that there had been a breakthrough in his plan to end the war, to which both Israel and Hamas agreed, with Israeli forces withdrawing as Hama
More from SBS News
- War in the Middle East escalates | Nearly 800 killed by US and Israeli strikes — Score: 50%
- US sinks Iranian ship in first torpedo attack since WWII — Score: 50%
- China lowers growth target | ACCC eyes airfares | ASX bounces back — Score: 50%
- US submarine sinks Iranian warship off Sri Lankan coast | NATO defences destroy missile over Turkiye — Score: 50%
- Albanese and Carney on war in the Middle East — Score: 50%
- Israeli politician Amit Halevi says Israel is approaching war in Iran with ‘same ideology’ as Gaza — Score: 50%